Thursday, April 28, 2011

Home Sweet Home

We came home on Monday afternoon after Will was born. We were welcomed with some great balloons on our mailbox, decorations on Maggie's kennel, and a box full of blue "It's a Boy" bubblegum cigars - thank you Karen and Jamey! JT's mom and aunts stocked our frig with groceries to save us a trip which was very helpful.


Once JT got Will and I settled in, he went to pick up Maggie from daycare. She had been there since Friday, so we were hoping for a very tired dog...mission accomplished! JT took Will's hospital blanket with him and let Maggie nap on it while driving home to get her used to his scent. Maggie didn't really notice Will too much at first, she was exhausted and more interested in visitors because she thought they were coming to see her.


We had several neighbors come by to see Will. My mom stayed with us the first night, and I'm glad to say we all survived. JT worked some half-days the rest of the week and our moms took turns staying with me while he was gone. I felt like he had baby-sitters lined up for me all week.

We decided that even though Will's bedroom is just down the hall from us, we wanted him in our room for a few nights. We moved the bassinet by our bed, got everyone situated, and turned out the lights...and Will started crying. JT made a good point that in the hospital nursery it was always bright and noisy. So, we moved the bassinet into our bathroom, turned on a light, and turned on his sound machine. Perfect! After a few nights, we moved the bassinet to his room, and a couple of nights later we turned off the light in his room. Eventually we will get him to his crib.

Will and I just hang out on the couch most of the day. He just eats and sleeps, and I try to take naps with him. He is like my own personal space heater when he is curled up on my chest. I love it! Notice Maggie beside us - she isn't too sure about Will yet, but I think her protective nature is already coming out because she never gets too far from him.

JT and I gave Will his first bath. He loved it! Especially getting his hair washed.


So we are all adjusting to this new life. We are sleeping a decent number of hours, it is just interrupted sleep. But that is better than no sleep at all!

No comments:

Post a Comment