Thursday, April 28, 2011

Getting to Know Will

We spent 4 days at Baptist Hospital which was a wonderful experience! It was scary to leave, especially giving up the convenience of room service, wonderful nurses, and of course the nursery at night. And it was crazy to think that they would just send us out into the world with this sweet little baby - how do they know we can handle it on our own?

On Friday we got to our room around noon after I finished up in recovery. All of Will's grandparents were there to meet him. The spoiling began immediately! Everyone was having so much fun watching him.


NeeNee


MAO
MAO. Gramps, and Pops - Will has some pretty great guys in his life!


Will was awake for almost the entire day. I thought newborns were supposed to sleep about 20 hours a day!?!?


He has great facial expressions. He was already holding his head up and lifting off of my shoulder

And he has a strong grip!

His startle reflex is hilarious! I call it "thriller" because it reminds me of the Michael Jackson "Thriller" video. His little hands start on his sides and he raises them up to his head kind of shaking them the whole way up! I hope to get a video of this to post on here.

The pediatrician came by Saturday morning to check on Will. Because of the kidney issue seen on the prenatal ultrasounds Will needed to take an antibiotic until he could have an ultrasound of his kidneys which was supposed to be in about a month. He arranged for it to be done that day and we could stop the antibiotic if the results came back good. As expected, his kidneys checked out just fine. Yay! No more antibiotic and no worries about his kidneys. On Sunday Will had his auditory screening. He passed with flying colors! JT is already calling him and overachiever.

Over the weekend, Will had many more visitors. He is a very popular little guy!
Lauren and Robby - Will can't wait to meet his besties Max and Grant!



Rob, Andi, and BAMA the elephant - Rob is trying to brainwash Will already!



John and Heather


In our few quiet moments, JT and Will had a chance to spend some quality time together. I love this picture!



I have to admit that I did not have the instant "bond" with Will the second they handed him to me like I expected to. He was here so fast and I was trying to process it all - it's a boy, he is healthy, he is huge, he has tons of hair, etc. Later that day while I was holding him, I felt his arm wrapped around my shoulder and his little hand gripping me the best he could. My heart melted and at that moment, I fell in love with my perfect little man!



On Monday they let us out into the world with our little man. We put him in his car seat, and had the nurse check it out to make sure we did it right which resulted in a lesson on how to correctly put Will in the seat. Seriously, I can't believe that let us leave with him!
Goodbye Baptist Hospital...Hello World!

No comments:

Post a Comment