Tuesday, February 15, 2011

32 Weeks

I had my 32 week appointment today. We had an ultrasound to check on Baby's kidney again and to see how big Baby is. After a lot of thought, I decided to let my mom come to this ultrasound. She has not been invited previously because I honestly didn't trust her to close her eyes when she was told too. She promised she would behave and knew she would have to leave the room if she didn't. She did good! The ultrasound tech never really looked at gender this time anyway.

Kidney issue is not completely resolved but is improving. Yay! This will be followed-up on with a pediatrician after birth. Hopefully it will all be completely resolved by them.

Heart rate was stong at 139 which is the rate it has been for the past several weeks. I love watching it beat on the screen, and the tech actually turned on the sound so we could hear it. Very cool!

So, is Baby still big? Yep! 4 pounds and 14 ounces. Really??? How is it possible that I can have a 5 pound baby already? This is especially scary to me knowing that growth is about 1 pound a week starting at week 36. So my calcualtions lead me to the conclusion that this is going to be a giant baby! My doctor tried to calm me by saying it will most likely not get to 10 pounds based on the percentile ranges that she has. Probably more of the 8-9 pound range. I'm not complaining - I am thrilled that Baby is growing so healthy! I just can't believe it is so big already. Guess I better start getting my hand weights out and start working out my arms!

My favorite part of the ultrasound today...Baby Livezey has a head full of hair! I didn't have a strand of hair on head until I was almost 2 years old, so this is very exciting to me. It also explains my heartburn.

We are starting to make progress on the nursery. The crib was set up last week. I have ordered fabric for the bedding and hope to get it to my grandmother next week so she can make that for us. My chair came in. I love it! It rocks and swivels. I have been sitting in it and Maggie sits or lays down beside me. She has been very good with the transformation of the room. She is pretty calm in there which is what we were hoping for.



Coming up this weekend is our first baby shower hosted by my sweet friends. I can not wait to see everyone! JT's birthday is also this weekend, so there is going to be lots of fun going on around here!

No comments:

Post a Comment